Dec 3, 2013

Pecan Butter Balls - Baci al Burro e Noci di Pecan

                                               English / Italiano
Recipe from the Book: "The Christmas Cookie Club" by Ann Pearlman.
With the courtesy of A. Pearlman

Chapter 1: Marnie

01 Dec. 2011
This afternoon I made 5 dozen of cookie balls and cleaned up the kitchen in less than two hours. Easy to make and not many ingredients are required.
My personal "taste-opinion": I have to admit that I've found the first cookie a bit too salty. Not later than the second one I've started to like its "sweet & salty" taste left on my tongue and now...: it's: HEAVEN on EARTH. Bake them! and you'll see what I mean.

Comments left on my facebook page:
Josefina T.H.:  I became today a proud tester of the Cookies. I have to be honest with you and I hope you are not disappointed... There was NO WAY I would share them with anybody, I tried one first and my intention was to give the rest to my family, but I couldn't... I hid them and ate them later all alone!!! , they were just great!!!! I loved them!!! Thank you very much!!!  01 Dec. 2011, 23.32 

Andrea L.:  They were fabulous! Just the right mix of salty & sweet. Hubby even said they reminded him of popcorn. Totally delicious & something I'll try. 02 Dec. 2011, 14.36 

Ann Pearlan: My favorite! A cookie my grandmother taught me to bake and the one that most seems like the holidays to me. 01 Feb. 2012,  2.36


Ingredients for 5 dozen: 
2 cups (200 g) chopped pecans
2 cups (280 g) flour
1 cup (225 g) melted butter
1/2 cup (110 g) sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoons salt
confectioner’s sugar

Directions: 
- Chop pecans in blender or food processor. 
- Combine all except confectioner’s sugar. 
- Gather into a ball. 
- With floured hands, shape in one inch balls and bake on ungreased cookie sheet.  
- I line my cookie sheets with wax paper or parchment paper and spray them with Pam.  
- Bake in 325 degree oven for 20 minutes.  
- Pull off the papers and let cookies cool, but make sure they’re still warm and gently shake them in bag with confectioners. 
- Place them back on the paper and add more confectioners while they cool.  Makes five dozen.




Capitolo 1: Marnie

01 Dic. 2011 
Ho preparato 5 dozzine di biscotti e ripulito la cucina in meno di due ore. Sono facilissimi da fare e non necessitano di troppi ingredienti. Il mio giudizio: devo ammettere che quando ho assaggiato il primo biscotto, l'ho trovato un po' troppo salato. Poi ne è seguito un secondo e dopo una "valutazione più attenta (ahah) il contrasto "dolce-salato" era piacevole... Ed ora, sono il finimondo! Provateli e capirete! :-) 

Ingredienti per 5 dozzine:
200 g noci di Pecan
280 g di farina 00
225 g di burro fuso
110 g di zucchero
10 ml d'estratto di vaniglia
1/4 cucchiaino di sale
zucchero a velo

Procedimento:
- Preriscaldare il forno a 165°C.
- Tritare le noci di Pecan nel robot da cucina.
- Mescolare assieme tutti gli ingredienti, tranne lo zucchero a velo e formare una palla con l'impasto. 
- Con le mani infarinate formare delle palline di circa 2.5 cm e cuocere su una teglia non imburrata (io, A. Pearlman, ricopro la teglia con carta da forno sprayata di Pam).
- Cuocere nel forno per 20 -22 min.
- Sfornare i biscotti e sempre sulla carta da forno, trasferirli su una griglia e lasciar raffreddare leggermente. 
- ANCORA CALDI metterli in una busta contenente zucchero a velo e scuotere dolcemente.
- Riporli nuovamente sulla carta da forno e cospargerli con altro zucchero a velo e lasciare raffreddare completamente.

Ricetta tratta dal libro: the Christmas Cookie Club di Ann Pearlman. Con il gentile permesso di A. Pearlman.


X "The Christmas Cookie Club" recipe index
X Tutte le ricette di "The Christmas Cookie Club"


Where to buy the book: Dove acquistare il libro:



Amazon.it - Amazon.de - Amazon.co.uk








Post revised on 03.12.2013 / Post riveduto il 03.12.2012  



Print Friendly and PDF

  Sign up to my free Newsletter. Iscriviti alla mia Newsletter gratuita.
To validate, please check your email (or spam folder) and press on the confirmation link. 
Per validare l'iscrizione, premi il link di conferma che riceverai per email (controllare la casella di posta indesiderata).


No comments:

Post a Comment

MANY THANKS for your Feedback - IL VOSTRO COMMENTO MI STA A CUORE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...